Through Business for South Africa (B4SA), Business Unity South Africa (BUSA) is working with the Government to increase the number of vaccination sites in the country as part of phases 2 and 3 of the vaccination programe. They are calling on companies which have sites which could be used for this purpose, in order to enable the country to inoculate as many as 200 000 people a day, to volunteer their services.
This is what the communication from BUSA said:
A critical element of ensuring we have sufficient vaccination sites to vaccinate large numbers of people is to get data on available private sector infrastructure that could be utilised for administering the vaccine. This is a national effort that needs the support of the private sector if we are to vaccinate up to 200 000 people a day.
The following is pertinent in this regard:
- We need information on small, medium and large sites. These include GP practices, pharmacies, community clinics, employer facilities and OHS facilities.
- It would be great if members could indicate detail on location of sites, potential capacity of intake and availability
- The sites must be registered with the relevant health authority
- Members of SAPOA should indicate if parking facilities at malls could be made available for mass vaccination sites.
- We need to get this initial set of data together as soon as possible, so that we can coordinate facilities and be ready to distribute vaccines as soon as we land them.
Are you able to help? If so, please contact my Personal Assistant, Lerato Lebeko (firstname.lastname@example.org), as soon as possible. BUSA needs this information not later than Friday, 19 March 2021.
Kaizer M. Nyatsumba
Chief Executive Officer