SEIFSA is proud to announce that we will be hosting SEIFSA’s Annual Skills Development Planning and Reporting Seminar on 13 February, 2018. We have once again managed to harness a group of dynamic and well informed captains of industry to present various relevant topics at a micro and macro level that will benefit both you and your organisation.
• Christia Uys, Weir Minerals;
• Greg Mitchell, Honeycomb BBBEE;
• Winston Adams, Merseta;
• Rupert Ndlovu, SARS;
• Melanie Mulholland, SEIFSA
Who should attend?
• Members who are new to the skills development reporting requirements for pivotal and mandatory grants and who wish to ensure that they are at the forefront of effective implementation.
• Skills development facilitators, human resource managers, training managers, managers, owners and managers of small and medium enterprises, experienced managers who would like to brush up on their knowledge and get to grips with the NEW Seta Management System.
The workshop will cover
• Understand the merSETA criteria and requirements for submission of the skills planning and reporting templates due on 30 April 2018
• Highlight the benefits and uses of the NEW Seta Management System (SMS) for effective skills planning and reporting
• Work through the NEW Seta Management System templates including the PIVOTAL Plan and PIVOTAL Training Report
• Understand the labour representative’s role in the approval process
• Discuss the Training Committees’ role and responsibilities for the 2018/2019 mandatory and pivotal grant submission requirements
• Highlight and align current policy expectations and implementation objectives
• Share insights with colleagues and peers
• Participate in group exercises and discussions to gain from the best practice experiences of other companies. Network with other skills development facilitators so that you can handle skills development planning and implementation with confidence.
08h00 – 09h00: Registration and refreshments
09h00 – 09h15: Welcome, introduction and setting the scene. Melanie Mulholland, SEIFSA Human Capital & Skills Development Executive
09h15 – 09h45: Human Resource Development in the metals & engineering environment. A company perspective. Christia Uys – HR, Weir Minerals Africa (Pty) Ltd
09h45 – 10h15: The BBBEE codes and its impact on skills development. Greg Mitchell – Honeycomb (BBBEE Agency)
10h15 – 10h45: Mid-morning refreshments
10h45 – 11h15: Maximising the Tax Benefits for Skills Development. Rupert Ndhlovu – SARS, Regional Manager
11h15 – 12h00: merSETA Perspective for 2018/19 reporting year. Winston Adams, merSETA
12h00 – 12h45: Lunch
12h45 – 14h00: Workplace Skills Plan (WSP), Annual Training Report (ATR) and PIVOTAL Plan and Report Templates, Guidelines and SMS – Melanie Mulholland, Human Capital & Skills Development Executive