The Federation has urged industry players who are both its members and non-members to submit their entries for the SEIFSA Awards for Excellence before 17h00 on Friday, 24 April 2015.
SEIFSA Chief Executive Officer Kaizer Nyatsumba said the Awards will offer a great opportunity for companies operating in the vital metals and engineering sector to receive well-deserved recognition by industry peers for their capabilities, expertise and innovation.
“It is crucial that companies which excel at what they do are recognised for their contributions and encouraged to do more,” Mr Nyatsumba said.
The SEIFSA Awards for Excellence offer 10 different categories; manufacturers in metals and engineering operating in Southern Africa are invited to submit their entries. The 10 categories are:
- The Most Innovative Company of the Year, which will be awarded to a company which showed the highest level of innovation in research and development or production in 2014.
- The Health and Safety Award of the Year will be offered to a company with the best legal compliance record in Health and Safety or the lowest Lost-Time Injury Frequency Rate in 2014.
- Entries are also invited from companies whose Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programme/s in 2014 had a major impact on the lives of its beneficiaries.
- Companies rated the highest in customer service performance in 2014 will receive the Customer Service Award of the Year.
- The Most Transformed Company of the Year award will be received by a company that showed the highest transformation level in the composition of its Board of Directors, Executive Management and Managerial Team in 2014. This award category pits companies employing fewer than 100 people against those of similar size, and companies employing more than 100 companies against others of similar size.
- This is the Decade of the Artisan, and an award will be made to the company that trained the highest number of artisans in 2014.
- The Environment Stewardship Award will go to a company that has made the biggest or best strides towards conserving the environment or mitigating the impact of its operations on the environment in 2014.
- SEIFSA member companies and affiliated Associations will also be honoured.
Winners of the SEIFSA Awards for excellence will be honoured in a ceremony that will take place on the first day of the two-day Southern African Metals and Engineering Indaba, scheduled to take place on 28 and 29 May at Emperors Palace, in Ekurhuleni.
Entrants do not have to be members of SEIFSA to participate – the Awards are open to all companies in the sector.