HIGH-PROFILE SPEAKERS FOR THE 3rd SOUTHERN AFRICAN METALS AND ENGINEERING INDABA
DATE: 14-15 SEPTEMBER 2017
VENUE: The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Conference Centre, 19 Friedman Road, Sandton
The two-day Southern African Metals and Engineering Indaba kicks off at the IDC Conference Centre, Sandton on Thursday next week (14 September).
The Indaba is a platform to address challenges currently facing the manufacturing sector in general and the metals and engineering sector in particular. It features high-profile speakers and panelists such as:
- ANC MP Dr Makhosi Khoza;
- Deloitte Emerging Markets and Africa MD Dr Martyn Davies;
- Business Leadership SA CEO Bonang Mohale;
- Small Business Development Minister Lindiwe Zulu;
- Labour Minister Mildred Oliphant;
- NUMSA General Secretary Irvin Jim;
- COSATU General Secretary Bheki Ntshalintshali;
- Turbo Voith MD Charl Folscher; and
- Business Leadership SA CEO Tanya Cohen.
ANC Treasurer Dr Zweli Mkhize will deliver the Opening Address and Former African Union Chairperson Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma will deliver the Closing Address.
Challenges facing the sector include unfair competition from highly-subsidized countries, weak exports and job losses.
You are invited to attend and cover the conference and the various plenary sessions (See attached programme).
Tel: (011) 298 9411 and 082 602 1725