About the training
What is the Main Agreement?
• Who are its signatories?
• Scope of application
• Its not just about wages
• Comprehensive terms and conditions
• Let’s deal with the elephant in the room
• If you elect to ignore the Main Agreement
• The Main Agreement is a Collective Agreement negotiated between the Parties providing for comprehensive terms and conditions of employment.
• The MEIBC Collective Main Agreement was adopted by the MEIBC, at a MANCO Meeting on 3 Sept 2019, as a Collective Agreement concluded in a Bargining Council, in terms of Section 31 of the LRA and 10(3) of the Councils Constitution.
• There are currently 5 trade unions on the Bargaining Council representing 163 214 employees and 7 employer constituencies representing 282 678 employees, of which the SEIFSA-affiliated Associations represent 164 931 employees or 58% of all employees employed by all the employers represented by the employer organisations on the MEIBC.
Lucio Trentini joined SEIFSA in 1990 as an Industrial Relations Advisor. Over the last two decades, he has been involved at management and executive level at SEIFSA and has been actively involved in the leadership of the federation.
A key member of the metal and engineering industry wage negotiating team, Trentini holds a BA in Economics and Industrial Psychology, a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the University of the Witwatersrand and the Graduate School of Business Administration respectively. He also holds an Expert Negotiator Certificate issued by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS).
Tel: 011 298 9400