About the Webinar
This training session is offered upon request from companies on an in-house basis.
It provides a guide to facilitate and co-ordinate the effective consultation of training committee members at the workplace.
The session enables a full understanding of all the requirements and responsibilities of training committee members in order to enable the skills planning process, sign-off of the workplace skills plan and annual training report, PIVOTAL plan and PIVOTAL training report submission requirements for Merseta
Sumaya Hoosen joined SEIFSA on 1 June 2020 as Human Capital and Skills Development Executive. She holds a Diploma in Training Management from Damelin College, an occupationally directed ETDP Certificate from DIONYSIS and a BCom degree in Industrial and Organisational Psychology from the University of South Africa.
She has previously worked as HR Generalist and Skills Development Facilitator at AMKA Products, Skills Development Facilitator at Consol Glass, Organisational Performance Manager at Sephaku Cement, Head of Human Resources and Administration at Gear Rail SA (Pty) Ltd and Head of Organisational Development, Learning and Development at Denel Aeronautics SOC.
Who should attend?
This training is essential for the nominated person who are members of the Training Committee as well as the Skills Development Facilitator (SDF). The workshop is valuable to any labour representatives nominated to serve on the company’s training committee particularly in the always changing skills development environment.
The workshop will cover
• Delegates’ introduction – Delegates are introduced to facilitator and one another
• Warm-up – Delegates do a warm-up exercise
• The legislation and the resulting authorities and bodies – Delegates discuss the three key Acts / Delegates identify the authorities and bodies responsible for carrying out the Acts / Delegates develop an understanding of the NQF and related training information
• National Skills Development Strategy – Delegates understand the goals of NSDS III
• The SETA Landscape – Delegates become familiar with the SETA landscape (2011 – 2020)
• The Merseta – Delegates become familiar with Merseta’s structure, functions and objectives
• Types of grants – Delegates identify types of grants available / Delegates identify the procedure related to grant claims
• Policy for Post-School Education and Training – Delegates understand the policy on Post-School Education and Training
• The SDF and the Training Committee – Delegates develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the SDF and the training committee
• Closure – Delegates review their learning objectives
Natalie Fourie | Sales Officer
Tel: 011 298 9424