About the workshop
This course will assist companies in understanding the meaning of the POPI Act and the impact that this piece of legislation has on their organisations.
Sibusiso Mthenjana joined SEIFSA as Industrial Relations and Legal Services Executive on 1 May 2019. He holds an LLB degree from the University of Zululand and is currently working on an LLM at the University of South Africa. An Admitted Attorney, Mthenjana has previously worked as Legal Manager at the National Health Laboratory Service, as Company Secretary at Thembalethu Development NPC, as Group Company Secretary at TEBA, as Company Secretary/Head of Legal at Mpumalanga Regional Training Trust,
as Legal Manager at South African Music Rights Organisation and as Legal Services and Administration Manager at Chief Albert Luthuli Municipality. He has also practised as an attorney while working for STRB Attorneys, Mavimbela Mthenjana Attorneys and his own law firm, Mthenjana Attorneys.
Who should attend?
- Managing Directors
- Compliance Officers
- HR Officials
The workshop will cover
- Aspects of preparing for POPI through practical means of revamping their organisations’ compliance resources
- Provide you with full insight of how POPI will affect the companies’ contracts
- As part of the workshop, we will go through the process of how to review documents/contracts to include the aspects laid down in POPI
- How to integrate POPI and the Consumer Protection Act by drafting contracts in plain language
- Discuss how to comply with POPI in protecting your employees’ and customer’s information and data and ensuring that they are aware of how their information is to be used.
Included in the fees
- Networking opportunities and presentation
- Breakfast and lunch
SEIFSA also offers the training on an in-house basis which is a more cost effective option for several delegates.