No products in the basket.
About the Seminar
The latest court and legal decisions that can affect your labour practices. Be part of the discussion on recent Constitutional, Labour Appeal, Labour Court and CCMA decisions that can benefit your business by ensuring that you learn from the mistakes and successes of others and put optimal policies, procedures and practices in place. The following represents a few of the topics that be can expected to be covered in a meaningful way:
1. BUSINESS RESCUE FROM THE CLIENT PERSPECTIVE
2. INCOMPATIBILITY AS GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL
3. UNFAIR LABOUR PRACTICE DISPUTESUnfair demotion and the importance of pre-arb minutesWorkplace practice and bonus paymentsEmployees who threaten to withdraw consent to work overtime
4. DISMISSAL FOR OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTSRestructuring can be a difficult exercise: ensure you have historical job profiles to assistRetrenchment process – S189A
5. RETRENCHMENTSFair process
6. INCAPABILITY DISMISSALS AND SICK LEAVECrazy sick notes
7. UNFAIR DISMISSALDismissal for Gross InsubordinationConflict of interest and disclosureThe arbitrator is not always rightWhatsApp can get you firedVideo evidence is perfectly permissible in misconduct casesSimilar fact evidence – previous disciplinary record supports dismissal sanctionSample probation clauseWhat deductions are allowed in the final pay packetTeam liability for stock loss
About the presenters:
Louwresse Specht is an Admitted Attorney of the High Court and holds LLB and MBA degrees from Northwest University and a Certificate in Human Resources Management from the University of Cape Town. She has worked as Group Legal Counsel at Diraro Group and as an Associate Attorney at Sampson Attorneys and at
Molenaar & Griffiths Inc. Specht has vast experience in compliance, corporate governance, labour law, corporate law, commercial law and litigation practice related to these fields. She joined SEIFSA in January 2020.
Vuyiswa Miya is Industrial Relations and Legal Services Manager at SEIFSA. She has extensive experience as an Admitted Attorney and has worked for various law firms handling matters pertaining to contractual disputes, drafting contracts, providing legal advice, appearing in the CCMA and bargaining councils, prosecuting and chairing disciplinary hearing,. She holds an LLB degree and a Postgraduate Diploma in Labour Law, both from the University of Johannesburg.
She has been invited by the University of Pretoria and University of Potchestroom to lecture on Labour Dispute Resolution for their Practical Legal Studies course. From time to time she also participates in the annual case law update seminar presented by a leading labour institute.
Jonathan Goldberg is a leading voice in Labour Law, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment. As the CEO of Global Business Solutions, Jonathan has made broad-based black economic empowerment principles & codes of practice part of the core philosophy & business strategy for the organisation.
Our expert facilitators will come to you and train your entire team at your offices
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.