About the training
The training will look at the main absenteeism issues affecting the health of your company, namely:
- How to manage sick leave utilisation / abuse and absenteeism while giving consideration to COVID19 infections and quarantining;
- Do you need to recognise traditional healers?
- What constitutes a valid sick note and when can I insist upon one?
- What disciplinary action can be taken to deal with unauthorised absence?
- What constitutes authorised versus unauthorised absence?
- How does unauthorised absence affect the leave and leave enhancement pay?
- This training will provide you with guidelines to effectively manage these issues on a daily basis.
Michael Lavender is SEIFA’s Industrial Relations Manager. He holds a Bachelor of Social Sciences degree majoring in Industrial Psychology and Economics from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, formerly the University of Natal. He has extensive knowledge and experience in labour law and industrial relations.
Tel: 011 298 9400