About the workshop
The workshop will look at the main absenteeism issues affecting the health of your company, namely:
• How to manage sick leave utilisation / abuse
• Do you need to recognise traditional healers?
• What constitutes a valid sick note and when can I insist upon one?
• What disciplinary action can be taken to deal with unauthorised absence?
• What constitutes authorised versus unauthorised absence?
• How does unauthorised absence affect the leave and leave enhancement pay?
• This workshop will provide you with guidelines to effectively manage these issues on a daily basis.
The workshop will cover
• How to effectively manage sick leave thereby minimising sick leave abuse
• How to identify and manage fraudulent medical certificates
• How to discipline employees who abuse sick leave
• Understand the issues surrounding traditional healers and paid sick leave
The workshop will be led by SEIFSAs IR practitioners, who are acknowledged as experts in all facets of industrial relations, including industry negotiations, dismissals, employment contracts and dispute resolution.
Who should attend?
• HR personnel
Included in the fees
• Course material
• Certificate of attendance
• Lunch and refreshments
SEIFSA IR Advisor
Dealing with Sick Leave and Sick Leave Abuse at the Workplace (available at 50% discount to workshop delegates on day of workshop)
SEIFSA also offers the training on an in-house basis which is a more cost effective option for several delegates.