About the Publication
The 2020/2021 SEIFSA Main Agreement Handbook is an easy-to-read comprehensive summary of the industry’s terms and conditions of employment, technical schedules, pro-forma employment contracts and letters on implementing retrenchments, lay-off and short time.
The 2020/2021 Handbook also comes with all the various wage tables effective from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021 e.g. the general wage table, apprentices, drivers etc.
The various terms and conditions of employment contained in the Handbook are applicable to all scheduled employees employed by party firms in the industry.
In addition, by purchasing a copy of the SEIFSA Main Agreement Handbook automatically gives you twelve months access to the Main Agreement Portal, located on the SEFSA website.
Some of the Main Agreement’s Website Portal special features, available to subscribers only, include:
• Quick word search facility – saving you time having to page through the Handbook for information;
• Quick downloads of various pro-forma letters and contracts of employment;
• Ability to pose questions online and receive answers;
• Direct access to SEIFSA’s Industrial Relations and Legal Services Staff; and
• Quick Links to the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council (MEIBC), the Department of Employment and Labour and the Metal Industries Benefits Funds Administrators (MIBFA) websites.
Scheduled or factory staff are covered by the Main Agreement and therefore it is recommended that you also consider ordering the 2020/ 2021 Main Agreement Wall Chart for posting on the notice boards in your company.
The Wall Chart summarizes the key provisions of the Main Agreement and is only available through SEIFSA.
Tel: 086 173 4372