About the Webinar
• LDC’s and the Main Agreement
• LDC’s and the LRA
• Does the Main Agreement take precedence over the LRA in the area of LDC’s
• When may one use a LDC
• Duration of the LDC
• Avoiding unfair dismissal claims
• Remuneration for LDC’s
• LDC template
Michael Lavender joined SEIFSA in 1991 as an Industrial Relations Advisor, after two and a half years in the mining industry in the position of an Industrial Relations Advisor. He has held various positions within the Industrial Relations Division, including Senior Industrial Relations Advisor, Industrial Relations Services Training Manager, and was appointed to the position of Industrial Relations Manager in 2013.
Providing key Industrial relations consultancy and training services, Michael holds:
- a Bachelor of Social Sciences degree, majoring in Industrial Psychology and Economics from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, formerly the University of Natal,
- a Personnel Management Trainee Programme from Rand Mines,
- a Certificate Programme in Industrial Relations (CPIR) from the University of the Witwatersrand’s Graduate School of Public and Development Management (Wits Business School), and
- an Expert Negotiator Certificate issued by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS).
In addition, Michael is the Lift and Escalator Employer spokesperson for the Lift negotiations.
He is also a representative at the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council.
He has gained extensive knowledge and experience and daily duties include but are not limited to, advising and training companies on the Main Agreement and labour law, chairing hearings in the areas of disciplinary, incapacity, grievance. Representing various companies in retrenchment consultations and other industrial relations matters such as disputes and industrial action, as well as at the CCMA and the MEIBC Bargaining Council at conciliation and arbitration.
Who should attend?
- Line Managers
- Shop Stewards
- HR Staff
Our in house rates for training are the cheaper way to go!
Natalie Fourie | Sales Officer
Tel: 011 298 9424