Managing for the First Time
Taking on the function of a manager always constitutes an important moment in your professional life. The changes are many and significant. They express themselves in terms of status, level of responsibility and professional level: getting work done always takes precedence over doing the work yourself. You will experiment with new situations that you will have to solve on your own. You will have to face difficulties, to fight for legitimacy. This course will enable you to develop your competencies to succeed as a new manager.
You will learn:
- Describe the management activities involved in running a successful business.
- Understand the responsibilities of employees in ensuring that resources are used to the best advantage of the organisation.
- Explain the basic activities involved in the management process.
- Identify and explain the main tasks required of managers.
- Apply the decision-making process to make a management decision.
- Analyse the application of the general management functions in a selected organisation.
- Understand the Planning, Leading, Organising and Controlling functions of the position.
Tel: 086 173 4372