About the Webinar
Ever get confused about the relationship and the differences between the BCEA and the Main Agreement.
If so attend this workshop and get to understand their relationship, who they apply to, what their differences are and if the Main Agreement has to comply with the BCEA.
Michael Lavender joined SEIFSA in 1991 as an Industrial Relations Advisor, after two and a half years in the mining industry in the position of an Industrial Relations Advisor. He has held various positions within the Industrial Relations Division, including Senior Industrial Relations Advisor, Industrial Relations Services Training Manager, and was appointed to the position of Industrial Relations Manager in 2013.
Providing key Industrial relations consultancy and training services, Michael holds:
• a Bachelor of Social Sciences degree, majoring in Industrial Psychology and Economics from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, formerly the University of Natal,
• a Personnel Management Trainee Programme from Rand Mines,
• a Certificate Programme in Industrial Relations (CPIR) from the University of the Witwatersrand’s Graduate School of Public and Development Management (Wits Business School), and
• An Expert Negotiator Certificate issued by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS).
In addition, Michael is the Lift and Escalator Employer spokesperson for the Lift negotiations.
He is also a representative at the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council.
He has gained extensive knowledge and experience and daily duties include but are not limited to, advising and training companies on the Main Agreement and labour law, chairing hearings in the areas of disciplinary, incapacity, grievance. Representing various companies in retrenchment consultations and other industrial relations matters such as disputes and industrial action, as well as at the CCMA and the MEIBC Bargaining Council at conciliation and arbitration.
The workshop will cover
• What are the main roles of the BCEA and the Main Agreement?
• Which companies and employees are covered by the BCEA and the Main Agreement?
• Conditions of employment of the BCEA and the Main Agreement: Which are the same? Which are different?
• Hours of Work, Shifts, Overtime and Public Holiday Rates?
• Annual Leave, the Annual Shut-down, a 13th Cheque?
• Wages, Pay Slips, Pay Day and Employment Contracts?
• Maternity and Paternity Leave?
• Sick Leave and family Responsibility Leave?
• Retrenchments, Lay-off and Short-time?
• Termination Notice?
Who should attend?
- First Line Managers
- Anyone who needs to know the basic principles of dealing with shopfloor misconduct
Tel: 011 298 9400