About the workshop
This workshop seeks to equip the attendees with the A-Z principles of tendering procedures, legislative provisions outlined in the Public Finance Management Act as well as the Regulations and Guidelines issued by the National Treasury to ensure that the attendees are equipped with the knowledge of tendering successfully for projects untainted by corruption. In addition the workshop covers the important economic aspects of tendering which include pricing products and services and mitigating inflation risk in tenders.
Bridgette Mokoetle – SEIFSA Industrial Relations and Legal Executive & Tafadzwa (Taffie) Chibanguza – SEIFSA Economist
Who should attend?
• All people involved in contract negotiations and pricing
• Procurement Managers
• Contract Managers
• Marketing and sales teams
• Suppliers to government, parastatals and large
• Corporate companies
• Context in which Tender Opportunities arise
• What is a tender?
• The parties involved
• Laws governing tender/procurement processes
• Where do I find a Tender/RFQ?
• What is in the Tender (legally)?
• The Advertisement/Request for Quotation
• Is your business legally Eligible?
• Does your company have the capability required?
• Compliance with Tender Rules
• Adjudication: Compliance
• Adjudication: Price & Capability
• National & Provincial Tender Forms/Bid documents
• Economic Aspects of a Tender
• Aspects to consider when pricing a tender
• How to make your tender competitive
• Pricing Strategies
• Optimal Cost management & cost recover
Included in the fees
• Course material
SEIFSA also offers the training on an in-house basis which is a more cost effective option for several delegates.