About the Webinar
Incidents and accidents unfortunately do occur, but it is every company’s obligation to investigate all incidents and accidents thoroughly, then determine the cause, and decide what measures to implement to prevent further re-occurrences.
The OHS Act requires all incidents and accidents that have occurred in the workplace to be investigated by the company and the Health and Safety Representative and reports to be submitted to the employer and the Health and Safety Committee Chairperson.
Staff members that conduct incident investigations should be training in the process and procedures to follow.
The Webinar covers the following content:
• Health and safety and the OHS Act 85 of 1993
• Incident investigation
• The investigation process
On completion of this module delegates should be able to:
Immobilise the scene: consider patient care, secure the area and contact the correct personnel.
• Prepare adequately for the investigation process.
• Collect the correct evidence from the scene. This includes gathering witness names, sketching and photographing the scene, collecting samples, conducting interviews, examining evidence and
• Determine the root cause of the incident after gathering all the correct information and evidence.
• Implement the appropriate control measures by terminating, treating, transferring or tolerating the cause of the incident.
• Formulate the necessary reports, including the DOL, COID (WCL), Annexure 1 and Internal Incident Investigation reports.
• Finalise and communicate the Incident Investigation reports to H&S Committee, management and the employer.
• Follow up after the incident investigation to ensure that corrective action has been implemented and is effective by preventing or reducing incidents from reoccurring.
All our training instructors are paramedics registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, and have extensive practical operational experience and have specialised in First Aid, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), Firefighting and H&S training. Our training courses contain the latest theoretical course content and extensive practical content and scenario training, thereby ensuring both theoretical and practical exposure.
Certificates are issued after successful completion of a theoretical competency assessment.
Tel: 086 173 4372