The course will equip participants with the skills required to identify hazardous substances that are spilled, as well as how these substances could affect human health, property and the environment. It will also inform them on the materials or protective equipment to use in dealing with the incident, as well as how to recycle or dispose of the substance.
The course covers the following topics:
- Identification and classification of dangerous goods;
- Hazards associated with dangerous goods;
- Personal protective equipment;
- Safe handling of flammable substances;
- Spillage control; and
- Formulating a response plan
Certificates are issued after successful completion of a theoretical competency assessment.
Tel: 011 298 9400