First Aid is a lifesaving skill that enables family members, friends, bystanders and fellow employees to assist patients who are injured until professional help or the emergency services arrive.
According to Department of Labour and Employment regulations as well as the Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993, all employers need to have a department of labour-accredited first aid trainers on-site at the workplace. The ratio of trained first aiders is 1:50, so one trained first aider to every 50 employees.
SEIFSA, in collaboration with its alliance partners, offers the following courses:
First Aid Level 1
- Introduction and basic principles of first aid;
- Terminology, positioning, and anatomy;
- Emergency scene and patient assessment;
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and choking;
- Bleeding and wounds;
- Fractures and sprains; and
- Head injuries, spinal injuries, and shock.
Tel: 011 298 9400