About the Webinar
Every designated employer is required to comply with the Employment Equity Act and also to prepare and implement an Employment Equity plan. The purpose of the employment Equity plan is to enable the employer to achieve reasonable progress towards Employment Equity targets, eliminating unfair discrimination in the workplace, and achieve equitable representation of employees from designated groups by means of affirmative action measures. This workshop aims at providing practical examples that will enable the Section 24 managers’ and consultative forums to work together effectively enable a constructive business transformation process.
Sumaya Hoosen joined SEIFSA on 1 June 2020 as Human Capital and Skills Development Executive. She holds a Diploma in Training Management from Damelin College, an occupationally directed ETDP Certificate from DIONYSIS and a BCom degree in Industrial and Organisational Psychology from the University of South Africa. She has previously worked as HR Generalist and Skills Development Facilitator at AMKA Products, Skills Development Facilitator at Consol Glass, Organisational Performance Manager at Sephaku Cement, Head of Human Resources and Administration at Gear Rail SA (Pty) Ltd and Head of Organisational Development, Learning and Development at Denel Aeronautics SOC.
The workshop will cover
- Know the requirements of a successful Employment Equity Submission – understanding the documents and forms needed and why?
- Understand the functions and responsibilities of Employment Equity Committee;
- Online demonstration of EE Submission;
- Reduce possibility of fines and penalties from the Department of Labour due to a lack of communication, consultation and awareness of EE requirements – be prepared;
- Obtain an overview of key components of employment contracts in line with the Main Agreement and avoid costly disputes and unfair dismissal claims;
- Share information and network with peers from like companies on what they are doing.
Who should attend?
- Anyone with an interest in Employment Equity.
Natalie Fourie | Sales Officer
Tel: 011 298 9424