About the workshop
Every designated employer is required to comply with the Employment Equity Act and also to prepare and implement an Employment Equity plan. The purpose of the employment Equity plan is to enable the employer to achieve reasonable progress towards Employment Equity targets, eliminating unfair discrimination in the workplace, and achieve equitable representation of employees from designated groups by means of affirmative action measures. This workshop aims at providing practical examples that will enable the Section 24 managers’ and consultative forums to work together effectively enable a constructive business transformation process.
Michelle Norris is the Human Capital and Skills Development Executive at SEIFSA. Michelle is an extreme motivator a natural team builder facilitator and transformation leader. She is customer centric and a person driven by passion, excellence, tenacity and outcomes. She is a human capital Professional with 14 years’ experience in Human Capital and Skills Development on Management level. She has ten years’ experience within the Metal and Engineering industry. Michelle holds a B Comm in Human Resources a Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Law. She has previous experience in Investment Finance.
The workshop will cover
- Know the requirements of a successful Employment Equity Submission – understanding the documents and forms needed and why?
- Understand the functions and responsibilities of Employment Equity Committee;
- Online demonstration of EE Submission;
- Reduce possibility of fines and penalties from the Department of Labour due to a lack of communication, consultation and awareness of EE requirements – be prepared;
- Obtain an overview of key components of employment contracts in line with the Main Agreement and avoid costly disputes and unfair dismissal claims;
- Share information and network with peers from like companies on what they are doing.
Who should attend?
- Anyone with an interest in Employment Equity.
Included in the fees
- Course material
- Lunch and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
Natalie Fourie | Sales Officer
Tel: 011 298 9424