About this training
This course gives a thorough understanding of the Employment Equity legislation and process, and gives members of the Employment Equity committee all the necessary practical tools to work together constructively towards developing a sound consultation process within the business.
Module 1: Overview of the Employment Equity Act.
- Understanding the Employment Equity Act and its amendments.
- Understand the purpose, interpretation and application of transformation legislation.
Module 2: Prohibition of Unfair discrimination.
- Members will understand the steps to be taken by an employer to promote equal opportunity in the workplace by eliminating unfair discrimination in any employment policy or practice.
Module 3: Affirmative Action
- Understanding Black Empowerment, Affirmative Action and the duties of a designated employer.
Module 4 Roles and functions of the EE Committee.
- The EE committee’s roles in monitoring, evaluating and consulting on Employment policies, practices, and barriers as well as EE planning and reporting.
Module 5: Reporting – EE Codes of Good Practice & Regulations
- An overview of the Codes of Good Practice and regulations in terms of the EE Act.
Who should attend this workshop
Employment Equity Managers, HR Managers, HR Practitioners
Members of Employment Equity Committees, Workplace Forums, any person involved in the compilation of the EE Plan for the business.
Sumaya Hoosen is SEIFSA’s Human Capital and Skills Development Executive. She holds a Diploma in Training Management from Damelin College, an occupationally directed ETDP Certificate from DIONYSIS and a BCom degree in Industrial and Organisational Psychology from the University of South Africa.
Tel: 011 298 9400