About the workshop
The workshop outlines management’s obligations in terms of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act. At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a sound knowledge and understanding of what the legal requirements are regarding employer and employee obligations, the right to compensation, claim procedures and independent contractors in terms of the Act.
The workshop will cover
- The purpose and scope of COID Act
- How does negligence affect compensation?
- The Employer and employee obligations in terms of the COID Act
- Claim procedures for occupational injuries and diseases
- Occupational diseases and claims
- What about contractors and their employees?
- Case Studies: Court decisions involving compensation
Nonhlalo Mphofu | SEIFSA Health & Safety, Environment & Quality Executive
Who should attend?
- Health and Safety Representatives
- Health and Safety Managers
- Safety Officers
- Health Practitioners
Included in the fees
- Comprehensive course material