About the Webinar
Introduction to Labour Court processes and proceedings.
This course is intended to equip line managers and human resources practitioners with practical skills on how to deal with interlocutory application in the bargaining councils, CCMA and the Labour Court and techniques on adequately preparing themselves to defend their companies in interlocutory applications in such forums. It will lead delegates through procedural and substantive aspects pertaining to interlocutory applications, as well as factors to be considered in interlocutory applications.
Who should attend?
- Legal Practitioners
- HR Managers
- HR Officers
The workshop will cover
- The stipulated time periods for referring disputes to the various dispute resolution forums
- Extensive knowledge of labour court processes.
- Successfully conducting of trials at the Labour Court on retrenchment and discrimination actions
- What are the grounds upon which application may be filed
- How to draft the various interlocutory applications
- Explaining the grounds for condonation
- Explaining the grounds for rescission
- How to prepare for presenting the application in the various dispute resolution forums
Louwresse Specht is SEIFSA’s Industrial Relations and Legal Services Executive. She holds a LLB from the North West University and an AMBA accredited MBA from the North West University Business School. She was previously employed as group legal counsel in the road freight, logistics and commodity trading industry, where her duties included compliance management, IR management, employment law matters, commercial law matters and company secretarial duties. She also practiced as an attorney, specialising in corporate law, commercial litigation and trial advocacy.
Louwressè has an insatiable curiosity in understanding business needs and learning about the business environment. She is an avid problem solver who strives to find the best suited, economical and strategically sound solutions to any challenge. Louwressè prioritises adding value in whatever she is involved with.
The presentation will be adapted to each and every company`s own requirements, with images of an individual company`s plant and equipment being taken during the assessment session before the day of the workshop, so that these images and details of your machinery will be incorporated into the presentation.
SEIFSA also offers the training on an in-house basis which is a more cost effective option for several delegates.
Natalie Fourie | Sales Officer
Tel: 011 298 9424