Being assertive is being clear about your opinions, wants and feelings so that they are understood by others. Assertiveness also means knowing how to interact and negotiate so that yours and others’ views are given fair and considerate treatment. It is an essential skill for work and life.
You will learn five important techniques:
- The skills to make requests and state your views clearly and assertively
- An awareness of the best way to voice your ideas and opinions
- Techniques for handling difficult situations and people
- The confidence to say ‘no’ to unreasonable requests
- The tools to develop better working relationships with colleagues and managers
This training will be of benefit to you if you:
- Require more confidence when interacting with colleagues, managers and clients
- Want to become more effective at making requests of others
- Find it difficult to say ‘no’ to unreasonable demands
- Need to influence without authority
- Get angry with others who don’t appear to consider your views
Cobus Cato is a Training Specialist and Skills Development Facilitator.
Tel: 011 298 9400