About the webinar
This webinar covers the industry collective bargaining structure and processes, wage increases and minimum rates of pay, various types of employment relationships, such as labour brokers, limited duration contract workers, and the A to Z of the conditions of employment for employees covered by the Main Agreement, including:
- Wage rates and the wage exemption procedure.
- The new deal, the no-strike clause and protection against plant level bargaining.
- Load shedding, power outages and other unforeseen contingencies – utilising section 7 (Short-time) to your advantage.
- Alternative employment relationships and the Labour Relations Act’s three-month guideline on
- limited duration contracts;
- Labour broker services;
- independent contractors; and
- temporary employees
- Payment for overtime, public Holidays, Sunday pay and shift allowances, including flexible working time arrangements.
- Calculation of shifts for leave and leave enhancement pay.
- Family responsibility leave / managing sick leave and sick notes.
- Maternity leave.
- Standby and call-out allowances.
- Sick Pay Fund benefits.
- Annual leave pay and leave enhancement pay, including the annual shutdown
- Injury on duty provisions.
- Retrenchment, lay-offs and severance pay and short-time provisions.
Michael Lavender is SEIFA’s Industrial Relations Manager. He holds a Bachelor of Social Sciences degree majoring in Industrial Psychology and Economics from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, formerly the University of Natal. He has extensive knowledge and experience in labour law and industrial relations.
Tel: 011 298 9400