About the workshop
PRACTICALLY APPLYING THE TECHNICAL SCHEDULES TO YOUR COMPANY AND ENSURING YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE GRADED AND PAID CORRECTLY
SEIFSA now offers companies the opportunity to have key employees at your company trained and equipped to understand which of the 39 Technical Schedules will be applicable to your operations, normally two would be applicable.
At the end of the workshop the participants will be given a practical exercise, where they will grade various technical/machining activities. This will ensure that the contents of the workshop have been understood and can be applied at the company.
The presentation process and content will be subject to continuous change, adjustment and improvement as the company’s operations adjust over time. The training should therefore be envisioned as an on-going process.
The workshop will cover
- A telephonic assessment of the company’s operations including machinery a few days before the workshop
- A brief introduction of legislation concerning Bargaining Councils and collective bargaining
- The Metal industry, the Main Agreement and the jurisdiction/scope of application of both in terms of technical operations.
- SEIFSA and its operations, functions and purpose
- The Metal Industries Collective Agreements, including the Main Agreement.
- An overview of the Technical Schedules, G, M, D, E and F
- A detailed overview and application of your Technical Schedules applicable to your company, including examining of company specific machinery and operations and the grading there of.
- A practical application of the acquired knowledge in the afternoon after the workshop. This will be done in your factory, where machinery and operations will be assessed and graded.
The briefing session will be led by personnel from SEIFSA’s Industrial Relations Department and by SEIFSA’s specialist Alliance Partners. They are acknowledged as experts in all facets of industrial relations, including industry negotiation
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to understand the Main Agreement’s Technical Schedules including how to grade your employees and ensure that they are paid correctly including:
- Business Owners
- Production Managers
- Foremen, supervisors
- HR and IR Practioners
NB: It is advisable that delegates have some technical knowledge of their operations and machinery.
The presentation will be adapted to each and every company`s own requirements, with images of an individual company`s plant and equipment being taken during the assessment session before the day of the workshop, so that these images and details of your machinery will be incorporated into the presentation.
Included in the fees
- All course material
- A copy of 2017-2018 SEIFSA’s Main Agreement handbook (includes technical schedules)
- 50% discount to delegates ordering the Main Agreement Wall Charts on the day.
SEIFSA also offers the training on an in-house basis which is a more cost effective option for several delegates.