About the workshop
This short and popular OHS Act workshop covers the important sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, so that your company’s management team can be briefed, familiar and comfortable with the applicable sections, content and their intention / reason for being included in the OHS Act.
Legal liability and non-compliance penalties are also included in the workshop.
The workshop will cover
- The Importance of H&S;
- Legal Liability;
- Health and safety policy;
- General duties of employers to their employees;
- General duties of employers and self-employed persons to persons other than their employees;
- General duties of manufacturers
- Duty to inform
- General duties of employees at work
- Duty not to interfere with, damage or misuse things
- Duties of the CEO
- Health and safety representatives
- Functions of the health and safety representatives
- Health and safety committee
- Functions of the health and safety committee
- Certain deductions prohibited
- Report to inspector regarding certain incident
- Victimization forbidden
- Appeal against decision of inspector
- Acts or omissions by employees and mandataries
- Offences, penalties and special orders of court
- This Act is not affected by agreements
The successful implementation and management of a H&S system is often quite challenging and requires a team, which is prepared to work together and develop the H&S structure and system to suite their environment, structural layout and work needs, over time in order to succeed. The only way to succeed is to adhere to the Act!
All our training instructors are paramedics registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, and have extensive practical operational experience and have specialised in First Aid, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), Firefighting and H&S training. Our training courses contain the latest theoretical course content and extensive practical content and scenario training, thereby ensuring both theoretical and practical exposure.
Who should attend?
This workshop was developed for employers and supervisors who would like to know more about the Act and how to ensure compliance in their workplace.
Certificates of attendance are issued after successful attendance of the workshop.
Natalie Fourie | Sales Officer
Tel: 011 298 9424