The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) seeks to appoint an attorney with litigation experience as a Legal Services Officer who will conduct training on industrial relations and labour law-related matters, provide legal advice, chair disciplinary hearings and serve as Minute Secretary at monthly Executive Committee Meetings and Quarterly Board and SEIFSA Council Meetings.
The successful candidate will hold an LLB degree, be an Admitted Attorney and have acquired a minimum of two years’ experience, after finishing articles, in Labour Law, Commercial Law, litigation, drafting of contracts, dispute resolution and taking minutes at meetings.
Reporting to the Industrial Relations and Legal Services (IR&LS) Executive who is also the Federation’s Company Secretary, the successful candidate will be a hard-working, conscientious person with good written and verbal communications skills and good people skills.
- The Legal Services Officer’s wide range of responsibilities within the IR&LS Division will include:Responding to day-to-day legal enquiries from clients;
- Timeously resolving legal challenges/ disputes on behalf of clients;
- Dispute Resolution;
- Representing clients at the CCMA, the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council (MEIBC) and the Labour Court;
- Legal Risk Analysis;
- Drafting of litigation processes and contracts;
- Legal research and monitoring new legislation;
- Preparing legal opinions;
- Offering legal training to SEIFSA member and no-member companies; and
- Serving as a Minute Secretary.
A professional, dependable, pro-active person who delivers results and leads by example, the Legal Services Officer will be a person of integrity and a dependable team player. S/he will:
- Have strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Have Microsoft Office Competency;
- Have good problem solving skills;
- Be a confident self-starter;
- Be accountable, dependable and reliable;
- Be able y to work autonomously and under pressure;
- Be well organised and disciplined;
- Have good Public Speaking and Presentation Skills; and
- Fully subscribe to and live SEIFSA’s Values (Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, Stewardship, Passion, Innovation).
A transformed organisation, SEIFSA is committed to excellence and professionalism and will appoint the best possible candidate for the job.
Interested individuals should send their CVs to Michelle@seifsa.co.za.