· Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs of all electrical equipment and components
· Designs electrical systems and circuits, and contributes to improved designs and manufacturing processes
· Manages electrical engineering duties relating to the following: electrical devices, components, production equipment, transportation equipment, environmental control, materials handling, machine tools, and automated manufacturing equipment.
· Carries out preventive maintenance for all electrical equipment. Also manages critical, emergency and breakdown situations
· Analyses malfunctioning electrical systems, recommends corrective action, and carries out repairs/modifications as required
· Analyses and repairs specialised equipment heavily dependent upon electronic controls, electromechanical mechanisms, and related components
· Investigates and resolves Line Control problems by running PLC diagnostics and programming solutions. Oversees Instrumentation and Control activities
· Renders technical support to contractors carrying out maintenance work within the premises, as is required
· Carries out electrical projects in line with GZI’s budget and specifications
· Helps to identify and order required electrical spare parts and keeps track of orders
· Rebuilds electrical spare parts as required
Health, Safety and Environment
· Carries out all tasks and activities in compliance with all the applicable Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
· Adheres strictly to HSE regulations by ensuring PPE and safety tools provided are used at all times
Grade 12 with Maths and Science, Minimum N4 in Electrical Engineering with PCL Programming, Qualified Trade Test
Minimum of 5 – 9 years post qualification related experience in the manufacturing industry preferably FMCG.