Website Fabrinox (Pty) Ltd
Turning ideas into reality.
IT OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
1. Hardware & Software Asset Management
· Support the End-End IT Asset life-cycle process through continuous updates to the status of the Hardware Assets as changes are affected.
· Maintain Hardware & Software register.
· Maintain Active Directory & Exchange accordingly.
2. Applications Support
· Prioritises requests in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organisation.
· Within a broad area of competence, investigates problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take.
· Within own area of competence, provides correct responses to requests for support by means of for example making system modifications, developing workarounds or site specific enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers.
· Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
3. Computer Operations
· Carries out the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed hardware and software. This may involve the use of multiple hardware and software platforms.
· Identifies and rectifies a broad range of operational exceptions and error conditions and deals sensibly and responsibly with unexpected or extraordinary events or incidents. Where these actions necessitate modification, restriction or complete removal of resources or services available, communicates with users, specialists and others, using appropriate methods, to inform and escalate if necessary.
· Responds to enquiries from users, specialists or others and is able to deal effectively with a broad range of problems of moderate complexity, only escalating those which need specialist attention.
4. Desktop Support
· Ensures log entries of user contacts provide a corpus of knowledge for the resolution of subsequent faults and problems.
· Ensures that requests for assistance are properly logged and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures.
· Ensures adherence to escalation procedures to 3rd Party vendors.
5. Hardware/Software Installation
· Responds to instructions or follows agreed plans to install or remove items of hardware and/or software, finds the necessary items and checks that these are as described in the instructions or plans.
· Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed standards, including where appropriate those for electrical work. Agrees on the timing of the work with those affected, e.g. users, operations management.
· Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
· Helps to resolve problems (e.g. poor performance) and faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software.
· Provides guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues.
6. User Support
· Provides advice and guidance to all users in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them; demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations.
· Assists users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services, investigating complex problem situations to diagnose underlying causes and helping users to recover or continue operation.
· For all requests that cannot be resolved, provides an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information, according to established procedures. Uses judgement to set priority for resolution, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily.
· Proposes discusses and evaluates potential solutions with service providers and implements agreed on field modifications or workarounds as directed.
DO YOU MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS?
HOW TO APPLY
1. To be considered, send your complete CV with supporting documentation, including ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Closing date of applications are 31 May 2021.
*If you have not received feedback within 10 working days from closing date of applications, your application was unfortunately not successful.