Website Allweld Marine & Industrial Pty Ltd
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review plans and drawings; prepare quantity take-offs on assigned projects
Ensure a complete review of plans and drawings.
- Identify items that have been omitted and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimate package that represents the full scope of the project
Solicit subcontractor bids for assigned projects.
- Obtain 2-3 bids for each trade and supplier group.
- Review and analyse bids for conformance to project specifications, price, material, quality, insurance, wages, and related items.
- Discuss and resolve any questions with subcontractor prior to submission of final estimate.
Maintain current information on trends in and changes to existing construction codes in order to ensure complete bids from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Utilise appropriate software to provide optimal job performance.
- Assemble the estimate including general conditions, special conditions, insurance and bonds.
- Develop a working knowledge of material unit costs, systems square foot costs and total building square foot costs.
- Assist in putting together proposals and bid packages
- Attend Presentations when needed
- Ability to work with clients and maintain relationships
- Function as part of a team
- Share information about reliable subcontractors and suppliers with other Estimators.
- Maintain relationship with the client during the actual project to ensure client satisfaction with the project and the company.
- Provide other services as directed including change order pricing, site visits, bid delivery and occasional collaboration with teams for other project locations on specific bids
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organising, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness
- Conduct procurement of material & services in line with the Allweld procurement process for projects won.
- Organize and manage a centralised cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilised.
BTech Mechanical Engineering
Project Management Certificate / Experience
5 + years Experience within the Metal Industry