Website Allweld Marine & Industrial Pty Ltd
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure workplace safety complies with HSE statutory requirements.
· Implement and promote HSE programs.
· Conduct regular safety induction training, safety briefings, etc.
· Compilation of site specific safety files for projects.
· Conducting in-house audits on our sites to ensure HSE compliance.
· Responsible for incident investigations on site
· Issuing permits where required
· Reporting on client specific requirements
· Ensuring subcontractors comply with the OSH Act as well as the Company’s HSE Management System and our clients safety requirements.
· Compile Risk Assessments and Method Statements for projects together with our site supervisors.
· Organising and chairing the monthly safety committee meetings, in the absence of the HSE Manager.
· Carrying out periodic equipment audits and inspections.
· Ensuring proper document control of all HSE related records.
· Ensure all appropriate Safety training certificates are up to date.
· Update and monitor safety statistics.
· Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
· Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
· Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health safety and welfare at work including statutory, training and reporting.
· Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
· Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
· Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspection, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
· Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
· Ensure full and accurate health & safety and training records are maintained.
· Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
· Establish a structured program me of health & safety training throughout the company.
· Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programme and health and safety services.
· Manage and devise the agenda for chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the health & safety committee meetings, ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
· Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work.
· To ensure that company meet all relevant Governmental Legislative Requirements.
· To ensure that all Governmental Legislative updates and amendments are implemented.
· Provide regular reports to the human resource department & Management team on relevant health & safety activities.
· Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
· Liaise with suppliers i.e. insurers, solicitors etc.
· Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
8+ Years of Health and Safety experience within the Metal Industry