Presented by the SEIFSA Economists and the Economics & Commercial Division, the seminar “Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19” gives a practical approach to the myriad of relief funding or loan packages available to South African businesses.
The advent of the coronavirus pandemic or Covid-19 and the subsequent lockdown imposed by South Africa and other countries regionally and globally have brought economic activity to a halt.
The Covid-19 pandemic has negatively impacted on domestic and global supply chains and seriously reduced demand for manufactured goods – with extended ramifications on employment.
The sustainability of many companies is at stake; importantly, human lives are at stake.
Training will include:
- Company experiences with the Covid-19 crisis
- Challenges or grey areas in applying for funding/loans
- New funding or loan relief packages or new proposals on how to assist companies.
- General comments on the crisis or on dipping business activity and sustainability.
- Applying for Relief Funding
- The application process;
- Reviewing the relevant qualifying criteria;
- Reviewing the eligibility of SMMEs;
- Reviewing the eligibility of employees;
- Ensuring that all qualifying employees benefit timeously;
- Compiling the supporting documents;
- Dealing with queries/bottlenecks in completing relevant forms;
- Addressing any other relevant matters;
- Enabling correct, first-time submission in order to expedite the process of receiving the necessary
financial relief; and