The workshop outlines the rights and duties of health and safety representatives in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993. On completion of this one day workshop delegates will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of their functions and responsibilities when identifying hazards and risks at the workplace, conducting regular inspections, assisting management with incident investigations and attending health and safety committee meetings.
The workshop will cover
- The purpose and scope of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- The legal responsibilities of employers and employees in terms of the Act
- The importance of a health and safety policy
- Functions of health and safety representatives
- Functions of health and safety committees
- How to conduct a workplace inspection
- How to hold effective health and safety committee meetings
Who should attend?
- Health and Safety Representatives
- Shop stewards
- Other interested employees
- Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers