- PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Manage the overall Human Resource Management, employee wellness and administration to ensure that all aspect of Human Capital and Skills Development are met.
Ensure compliance with statutes, support and oversee the development and implementation of the human capital strategy, policies and procedures for SEIFSA and to position human capital as a strategic business partner.
Manage and provide a skill development advisory, consultancy and training service to member companies and represent the interest of employers in the fields of education and training at the national level as well as the interest of employers at the MerSeta.
Responsible for Human Capital and Skills Development Division’s income generation budget.
- Manage the internal Human Capital requirements of SEIFSA, including recruitment and selection, performance management, leave, payroll, submissions, policies and procedure, etc.;
- Provide assistance to member companies on all aspect of skills development;
- Assist member companies in achieving compliance in the context of the current skills development and related legislation such as employment equity and BBBEE legislative framework.
- Assist member companies on the interpretation of skills development and related legislation such as employment equity and BBBEE legislative framework;
- Manage the Skill Development & Human Capital income budget and develop proposals to address shortfalls;
- Remain abreast of developments at Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), MerSeta and Business Unity of South Africa (BUSA);
- Market public and in-house workshops, seminars and publications to members;
- Manage and conducts development training, develop and amend workshop material regularly in the light of any new developments and member feedback;
- Evaluates industry trends and develops new training topics;
- Writes Human Capital and Skills Development material for the SEIFSA membership, website and SEIFSA News;
- Manage the Skills Development and Human Capital section of the website;
- Report on Skills Development and Human Capital related matters and developments at Association meetings, as and when necessary;
- Serves on the SEIFSA Training Centre Governing Committee;
- Prepare and take minutes at the quarterly Education Training and Advisory Committee (ETAC) meetings;
- Make recommendations to the Human Capital & Skills Development executive.
- ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS
Some local travel and pressure to meet divisional income target.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive experience in Human Capital and Skill Development field, including an excellent understanding of SETA related requirements;
- Knowledge of Human Capital and Skills Development legislation, Employment Equity and BBBEE Legislation, MerSeta SETA regulations and Grant Requirements and SEIFSA Training Centre Programme Offerings;
- Confidence at facilitation and public speaking;
- Professional and ethical;
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure;
- Accountable and reliable;
- Marketing and public relations skills;
- Have a strong and analytical and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Creative approach to materials development and etc.
Minimum of five years’ experience in Skills Development and Human Capital fields