Job Role Name
Department: Conways Durban
Qualification : Matric or Equivalent
Requirements : Relevant post matric qualification will be an advantage.
Computer literate (MS office fully competent).
Drivers licence and own transport.
Preferred experience: Sound financial, operations, people skills & distribution background.
3 years’ experience in an administrative and/or operations environment.
Main purpose of job: Assume full responsibility for the administrative and operational management of the stockist and part of a management team, grow a profitable business.
• Ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are in place and being adhered
• As part of a Management team assisting with the day to day management of the branch to have high moral and excellent customer service.
• Ensure effective and efficient warehouse, storage, receiving, dispatch and distribution activities.
• Taking responsibility for petty cash and POD/invoice control.
• Ensure integration between sales and ops teams to capitalize on all sales opportunities.
• Taking responsibility for customer payments (Cash Sales), assist with debtors control and implementation & maintenance of the company’s credit control procedures.
• Responsible of credit notes, special product orders, stock adjustments and stock procurement.
• Ensuring that all stock control and stock take procedures are in place to prevent stock losses.
• Identify and improve on problem areas in processes and asset control to minimize expenses, reworks and time wastes.
• Assisting management with information such as budgets and financial reports.
• Taking responsibility for cheque, journal and petty cash requisitions.
• Maintaining all staff records and time sheets for the HR department.
• Managing stock take and stock control processes.
• Maintaining the workplace and seeing that all filing and general administration is kept up to date.
• Taking responsibility for the management of all assets, including an efficient neat fleet.
• Ensure that housekeeping, security and safety guidelines are adhered to in all departments.
• Responsible for Opening and Closing of the branch in conjunction with other key holders.
• Take responsibility for driving improvement program (20Keys) within the Stockist.
• Assistance and preparations with internal auditors from time to time