Join a dynamic workplace
At SEIFSA, we offer competitive remuneration, enhanced by subsidised benefits such as medical aid and pension contributions. Our work environment is highly professional, with a company culture that allows individuals the opportunity to continuously develop and enhance their personal growth, training and development, while upholding SEIFSA values.
SEIFSA employees are in control over how they do their work and are incentivised to meet agreed targets. Each employee is challenged and finds meaning from her/his contributions by continuously being able to add value in what s/he does. We also identify, honour and recognise employees.
The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) seeks to appoint an experienced Communications Manager who will be the primary contact person between SEIFSA and the media and assume full responsibility for internal and external communications within the Federation.
The successful candidate will hold a degree in Journalism, English or Communications, have worked as a journalist in the mainstream media for at least five years and have published analytical (opinion) pieces. Having contacts in the business media will be an advantage.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer or a designated Executive, the successful candidate will be a hard-working, conscientious person with exceptional written and verbal communications skills and good people skills. S/he will work very closely and co-operatively with all Divisional Executives, Managers and other members of staff.
The Communications Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Writing and distributing to the media approved press releases;
- Improving SEIFSA’s media profile and generating publicity for the Federation and all its corporate activities;
- Editing opinion pieces written by SEIFSA Executives and getting them published in the mainstream media;
- Drafting speeches and presentations, when required;
- Updating SEIFSA’s Holding Statements and Approved Positions on different issues;
- Writing stories for SEIFSA’s magazine, SEIFSA News, editing the publication and ensuring that it is published in accordance with agreed deadlines;
- Overall responsibility for SEIFSA’s Annual Report and other publications; and
- Overall responsibility for SEIFSA’s websites and ensuring that their contents are always up to date.
A dependable, pro-active person who delivers solid results and leads by example, the Communications Manager will be an out-going person of unimpeachable integrity and a dependable team player. S/he will:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Communications and have worked as a journalist in the mainstream media for at least five years and have published analytical (opinion) pieces;
- Be highly articulate, with good command of the English language and superior writing skills;
- Be an out-going person with great people skills;
- Be a solid team player; and
- Fully subscribe to and live SEIFSA’s Corporate Values (Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, Stewardship, Passion, Innovation).
A transformed organisation, SEIFSA is committed to excellence and professionalism and will appoint the best possible candidate for the job.