Job Role Name
QC MANAGER – Steel Manufacturing
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
To ensure that products supplied to the various customers always meet customer requirements and to assist with continually improving the inspection methodology.
DESCRIPTION OF THE MAIN DUTIES
– Planning and overseeing the daily inspection activities of all inspectors.
– Ensuring inspectors are equipped to carry out their functions efficiently, monitoring their efficiencies.
– Ensure all inspectors have been trained in the tasks they are doing.
– Instilling a non-compromise ethos in all inspectors to ensure defective products are not despatched.
– Liaising with production on products not meeting tolerances and following up on corrective actions to rectify out of tolerance products as well as preventive action to ensure the problem does not reoccur.
– Ensuring the calibration system is maintained.
– To conduct capability studies on the various CNC machines.
– Conduct R&R studies on the various metrology methods.
– Auditing of various functions within the company.
– Overseeing the records clerk position ensuring all records are filed and accessible.
– Excel and Word applications
– Excellent mathematical ability
– Thorough knowledge on calibration of instruments
– Recognised formal qualification in both QA and QC.
– Exceptional understanding of engineering drawings.
– History of improvement initiatives in metrology.
– A strong level of understanding of statistics.
– Strong supervisory skills.