INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND LEGAL SERVICES MANAGER
The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) is looking to appoint an Admitted Attorney or Advocate with litigation experience as an Industrial Relations and Legal Services Manager, who will conduct training on industrial relations and labour-law matters, provide legal advice, chair disciplinary hearings and serve as Minute Secretary at monthly Executive Committee Meetings and Quarterly Board and Council Meetings.
The successful candidate will:
- hold an LLB degree;
- be an admitted attorney or admitted advocate and have acquired a minimum of five years’ post-articles or post-pupillage experience; and
- Gained experience in labour law, commercial and Corporate law, litigation and trial advocacy, drafting of contracts, dispute resolution and taking minutes at meetings.
Reporting to the Industrial Relations and Legal Services (IR&LS) Executive, who is also the Federation’s Company Secretary, the successful candidate will be a hard-working, conscientious person with exceptional written and verbal communications skills. The candidate will also be tenacious and have a high EQ – negotiating and interacting with industry stakeholders and Board Members will be common place.
The Industrial Relations and Legal Services Manager’s wide range of responsibilities within the IR & LS Division will include, among others:
- Responding to day-to-day legal enquiries from clients;
- Timeously resolving legal challenges/disputes on behalf of clients;
- Dispute Resolution;
- Representing clients at the CCMA, the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council (MEIBC) and the Labour Court;
- Legal Risk Analysis;
- Drafting litigation documents and contracts;
- Legal research and monitoring new legislation;
- Preparing legal opinions;
- Offering legal training to SEIFSA member and no-member companies; and
- Serve as Minute Secretary.
A professional, dependable, pro-active person who delivers results and leads by example, the Industrial Relations and Legal Services Manager will be a person of integrity and a dependable team player. He/she will:
- Have strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Have Microsoft Office Competency;
- Have good problem-solving skills;
- Be a confident self-starter;
- Be accountable, dependable and reliable;
- Be well organised and disciplined;
- Have good Public Speaking and Presentation Skills; and
- Fully subscribe to and live SEIFSA’s Values (Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, Stewardship, Passion, Innovation).
Deadline: 19 June 2020
Applicants should send their CVs, with motivation of their candidature, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEIFSA is committed to transformation and the country’s labour laws.