Job Role Name
ER (Employee Relations) Manager [Position earmarked for AA / EE candidate]
Reports To: Managing Director
Main purpose of job: Manage internal and external employee relations matters, supervise and control compensation administration and offer strategically support relating to human resources and remuneration strategy.
Preferred experience: The successful candidate must have at least 10 years management experience in the field of industrial relations and payroll administration and have a proven track record as a successful leader of a multi-functional team.
Preferred qualification: A relevant university degree in the fields of personnel management / human resources / industrial relations / financial accounting etc.
Requirements: The incumbent should have a valid driver’s licence and be available to travel as required.
1. Lead and manage internal engagement with employees and their representatives.
2. Maintain amicable relationships with external industry bodies, government bodies and trade unions.
3. Positively influence company culture and ethics and promote effective communication.
4. Oversee and manage disciplinary and grievance processes.
5. Review and develop company policies and procedures relating to human resource management.
6. Take responsibility for overall managing wage and salary payroll administration and processes.
7. Oversee effective practices relating to employee records.
8. Oversee administration of employee engagement and termination processes.
9. Develop and manage employment equity processes in the company.
10. Participate in management of training and people development initiatives.
11. Manage all issues relating to the on-site clinic, canteen, staff parking etc.
12. Participate operationally and strategically at executive management level.
13. Be willing to travel as and when needed.
14. Actively support the company’s 20 Keys (improvement to world class) drive.
15. Perform all reasonable additional tasks as required by your superior from time to time.
Short listed candidates may be subject to undergo the psychometric testing and may not have a criminal record.