Job Role Name
• Plans and controls technical resources in support of processes such as Forging, Heat treatment, CNC Precision Machining, and product improvement, to ensure cost reduction.
• Implements technically innovative strategies and investigation techniques to support manufacturing operations in an efficient and effective manner.
• Design and establish new processes which translates user requirements into system/sub-system functions within the company’s business processes.
• Leads and participates in the following
o Risk assessments
o Technical and Quality investigations
o Process (raw materials to final product) analysis
o Technical trouble-shooting and rapid problem-solving.
• Assist Product Development Group during product of process development and ensure a smooth industrialization of the equipment.
• Evaluation, specification and optimization of present operational systems in terms of effectiveness.
• Attend and participate in technical meetings
• Compiling and reviewing process related documentation.
People Management and Development
• Establish interfaces between suppliers, operations and clients to provide process specifications as required to fully implement process improvements.
• Provides technically innovative mentorship to plant personnel to aid the simplification of process and manages students to develop technical skills needed for plant support.
• Gives input to annual budgets & forecasts. Measures and controls costs and overhead expenditure. Originates capital expenditure proposals
• Tracks progress to cost containment initiatives and manages and reports regularly.
Compliance to Legislation and Business Systems
• Ensure designs, projects, modifications and installations adhere to appropriate regulations within OHS Act and Explosive Act
• Adheres and Implements Rheinmetall Denel Munitions Policies and Procedures and ensures compliance to ISO Standards with respect to SHE/Quality/Engineering
To lead and manage a team of technical and process improvement specialists in the Operations division at Boksburg site.