The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) has a vacancy for the position of an Economist at our Head Office in Johannesburg. The requirements for the position are:
- at least an Honour’s Degree in Economics, with the successful candidate studying – or committing to study – towards a Master’s degree;
- thorough understanding of micro, macro and monetary economics, econometrics and international trade;
- interest in economic and sector analysis and policy matters of the real economy;
- familiarity with econometric packages and survey techniques;
- knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- ability to interact with industry leaders and policy makers at all levels;
- good verbal and written communication skills; and
- preferably be resident in Gauteng (Head Office: Johannesburg).
Your duties will include:
- conducting training and consulting on Contract Price Adjustment (CPA) related to the Company’s Price and Index Pages indices;
- conducting training on any other related economics topic aimed at supporting the local manufacturing industry;
- contributing to sectoral reports (including press reports) on the metals and engineering sector in order to understand economic trends;
- developing price indices and regularly updating the CPA training material;
- making presentation to member companies, associations and clients at all levels and assisting with media queries;
- attending and participating in relevant ad-hoc, standing or working group meetings;
- researching sector and industry trends, including key aspects of industrial economics; and
- assisting in the synchronisation of in-house and external data on the sector nationally.
SEIFSA offers a market-related remuneration package and a dynamic and stimulating environment with an opportunity to grow your expertise within a small team of dedicated experts. The successful incumbent will work closely with industry leaders, under the direct guidance of the Chief Economist.
Applicants should send their CVs, with motivation of their candidature, to email@example.com.
SEIFSA is committed to the country’s laws on transformation.