According to the DOE website, stakeholders are invited to comment on the Draft IEP Report and the IRP Assumptions and the Base Case through the consultation workshops and or in writing to the Department. Comments received will be considered in preparing a draft final IRP Update which will be submitted to Cabinet for approval. Closing date for submitting written comments is 15 February 2017.
Interested parties interested in making presentation at the workshop must register by sending an email with the presentation to IRP.Queries@energy.gov.za not later than 2 days before the consultation workshop.
Consultation workshops will take place as indicated below with venues to follow once confirmed:
- Gauteng: Johannesburg – 07 December 2016
- Kwa-Zulu Natal: Durban – 09 December 2016
- Western Cape: Cape Town – 13 December 2016
- Eastern Cape: Port Elizabeth – 14 December 2016
- Northern Cape – January 2017 (Exact date to be confirmed)
- North West – January 2017 (Exact date to be confirmed)
- Limpopo – January 2017 (Exact date to be confirmed)
- Mpumalanga – January 2017 (Exact date to be confirmed)
- NEDLAC – February 2017
For any queries regarding the IRP, contact the Department at IRP.Queries@energy.gov.za
Members are encouraged to participate in the consultation workshops. BUSA will prepare a written response with member inputs before 15 February 2017.