The Fifth Southern African Metals and Engineering Indaba (MEIndaba), which places the spotlight on our sector in particular and manufacturing in general, is just under a month away. It offers all stakeholders – business executives and captains of industry, policy makers and Government Ministers, as well labour leaders – a vital opportunity to discuss matters of common interest calmly, robustly and yet constructively in order to improve the performance of our sector and to revive economy.Speakers include:
- Trade and Industry Minister Ebrahim Patel;
- Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan;
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research CEO Dr Thulani Dlamini;
- BRICS Business Council Chairperson Busi Mabuza;
- National Development Commission Secretary Tshediso Matona;
- Africa House Director Duncan Bonnett;
- Department of Trade and Industry Chief Director for Africa Multilareral Economic Relations Wamkele Men;
- NUMSA General Secretary Irvin Jim and Solidarity General Secretary Gideon du Plessis;
- Manufacturing Circle CEO Phillippa Rodseth; and
- National Association of Automotive Components and Allied Manufacturers Renai Moothilal.
President Cyril Ramaphosa is due to deliver the Opening Address on Thursday, 12 September and Gauteng Premier David Makhura is due to deliver the Closing Address on Friday, 13 September.
Don’t miss out! Register now!!!
Be part of the search for a solution to South Africa’s manufacturing challenges.
In the past decade, the South African economy has been seriously under-performing. If nothing is done to arrest the situation speedily, things can only get worse. None of us can afford such a scenario.
What are you doing to arrest and reverse that terrible trend, which has seen manufacturing in South Africa coming under tremendous pressure from cheap, mostly Asian imports? You are not as powerless or helpless as you may believe.
Unfortunately, challenges do not yet have the ability to resolve themselves. That is why we have to work together to resolve them.
Make your voice heard. Engage. Contribute. Innovate. Sustain.
Register for the Fifth Southern African Metals and Engineering Indaba, where matters of concern to you and all of us will be discussed.
Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to be heard.
Register now on www.meindaba.co.za, where you will also find the detailed conference programme.
Key Government, business (including some of your customers) and labour leaders will be there. Don’t be the only one missing out.
I look forward to seeing you at the conference at the Fifth Southern African Metals and Engineering Indaba at the IDC Conference Centre on Thursday, 12 September 2019.
Kaizer M. Nyatsumba
Chief Executive Officer