About SEIFSA Training Centre
SEIFSA’s Training Centre is based in the metal industry heartland of Ekurhuleni, Benoni.
The training centre has a proud history of more than thirty years of providing outstanding apprentice training results and continues to attract favourable publicity from successful partnerships and projects with the key stakeholders including government and the private sector.
The training centre is managed by Gijima, a company that has extensive experience of managing engineering training centres and converting them into centres of excellence.
The SEIFSA Training Centre is a state-of-the-art training centre that has both the resources of industry experts and equipment to offer specialised skills training. Trainees are prepared to meet the demands of industry. Aspects of productivity, problem solving and safety are included in the training.
The training offered encompasses not only apprentice training but also training and development for the following training interventions:
- Skills programmes
- Short courses
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Trade proficiency assessment services
- Trade testing for Section 26D contractual learners
- Assessment and Trade Testing of Section 26D non-contractual learners
- Continuous upskilling of artisans.
Companies can also request assistance and support with:
- Recruitment and selection of unemployed learners
- Training and placement of unemployed learners and apprentices.
The SEIFSA Training Centre holds full merSETA, EWSETA and CHIETA accreditation as a training centre as well as NAMB accreditation as a decentralised trade test centre.
Intake dates for 2017:
- 04 April 2017
27 June 2017
19 September 2017